ForumOxford: Mobile Apps and Technologies Conference 2014
|Types||Day and Weekend|
OX1 2JA map
|Dates||Fri 2 May 2014|
|Subject area(s)||Electronic Engineering|
|Application status||Applications being accepted|
|Course contact||If you have any questions about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01865 286958.|
Enrol online now!
The theme for the 2014 ForumOxford conference is Startup Communities and Mobile.
This conference is aimed at web and mobile technology experts and visionaries, telecoms leaders and anyone who has an interest in future mobile technologies with an emphasis on all the interesting things going on in the world of mobile.
Conference Participants (you, the audience):
- ForumOxford encourages and promotes questions, opinions and contributions from you, the audience
Speakers (more speakers to be confirmed)
- Karim Lesina, Vice President, AT&T
- Haydn Shaughnessy, Contributor, Forbes
- Sean Kane, Co-Founder, F6S.com
Raising Money for Mobile Startups: Online and Crowdfunding
- Jeanette Carlsson, CEO & Founder, @newmedia2.0
What is your data worth?
- Dr Patricia Timoner, Strategy Consultant, Mobile Digital and Interactive Marketing South America Operations, GrowVC
Brazil - Mobile Market Overview
- Dr Catherine Mulligan, Research Fellow, Innovation and Entrepreneurship group, Imperial College London
From M2M to IoT – the impact on Smart Cities
- David Rogers, Founder, Copper Horse Solutions Ltd
The Future of Mobile Device Security
- Peggy Anne Salz, Chief Analyst and Founder, MobileGroove
- Tineka Smith, Media Relations Specialist Weber Shandwick Technology UK
How Mobile is Changing the Media Landscape
What is ForumOxford and why is it unique?
Unlike many large, impersonal conferences, ForumOxford is highly interactive and promotes open communication between participants and speakers - we expect in the range of 70 - 100 participants. The event is designed with ample Q&A time and opportunities for further discussions of the conference topics during breaks, over lunch and at the early evening drinks reception.
No sales pitches - this is a conference for presentations, questions, answers, interactions and discussions
Speakers at each year’s event include global industry leaders, media specialists, strategists and journalists. Previous conference participants have come from Vodafone, Nokia, Samsung Electronics Research Institute, Qualcomm, Intel, RAC, Telefonica Europe, Qatar Telecom, Panasonic Mobile Communications, Consult Hyperion, EMAP, Symbian, GSMA, BBC, T-Mobile, Informa, SonyBMG Music Entertainment, MTV, Financial Times, Alcatel-Lucent, Three, NXP, Guardian News & Media, Huawei Technologies Co Ltd and many more.
09:00-17:00 followed by a drinks reception.
Free WiFi, three-course lunch, refreshments and drinks reception included.
We have a number of meeting rooms which will be freely available to those attending if required.
Please email us to register an interest and receive updates about this conference.
ForumOxford is a globally-recognised community comprising an online forum, conference and specialist courses, where the best thinkers in the telecoms industry share ideas on all aspects of mobile applications.
ForumOxford welcomes web and mobile technology experts and visionaries, telecoms leaders and anyone who has an interest in future mobile technologies. Discussions cover the latest trends in mobility including trends in convergence, tech policy, mobile payments, apps, devices, IOT. We also host a Free Friday chat group on the LinkedIn group page.
The online forum is held on LinkedIn: visit the ForumOxford mobile apps and technologies LinkedIn group
Follow @ForumOxford on Twitter Click here!
We had a live twitterfeed at ForumOxford 2012 - you can see some of the tweets here!
Watch some of the presentations from past conferences:
Identity is the new money: Dave Birch, Director, Consult Hyperion
Imagine perfect money: Tomi Ahonen, Author, Consultant and Motivational Speaker, Communities Dominate Brands
Speakers at the last conference included:
- Svetlana Grant, Director of Smart Cities, Connected Living Programme, GSMA
- Simon Dixon, CEO, Bank to the Future
- Dan Appelquist, Head of Product Management for BlueVia, Telefónica Digital
- Margaret Gold, Chief Marketing Officer, Ether Books
- Torsten Stauch, Co-Founder and CEO, AppShed
- Will Jones, MD Europe, Monitise
- Neil Driver, Partner for Davis Grant LLP
- Aditya Jaokar
- Dr Andrew Eliasz, Director, First Technology Transfer
- Peggy Anne Salz, Chief Analyst and Founder, MobileGroove
- Russell Buckley, (Founder of AdMob which is now Google AdMob), MobHappy
- Tony Fish, Entrepreneur and Strategic Thinker, AMF Ventures
- Muriel Devilliers, Founder- Managing Director, LUMU Invest
- Jouko Ahvenainen, Entrepreneur, Investor, Founder, Grow VC Group
- Priya Prakash, Founder, Design for Social Change
- Rudy de Waele, Mobile Strategist, Business Angel and Appreneur
- Fabian Stelzer, Co-Founder and CMO, EyeQuant
- Prof Khalid Al-Begain, Professor of Mobile Computing and Networking, University of Glamorgan, and Glamex Security Ltd
- Tomi Ahonen, Communities Dominate Brands
Jeanette is CEO and Founder of @newmedia2.0 (www.newmedia2dot0.co.uk), the leading, independent...more
f6.com is a very dynamic community with a UK origin but a global following. Sean Kane has been active in...more
Karim Antonio Lesina is the Vice President of AT&T, covering...more
Dr Catherine Mulligan
Dr Catherine Mulligan is a Research Fellow...more
David (@drogersuk) is a mobile phone security expert who runs Copper Horse Solutions Ltd, a...more
Haydn is the author of The Elastic Enterprise, an account of how stellar companies prospered during the...more
Tineka Smith joined Weber Shandwick Technology in 2013 and offers media...more
Dr Patricia Timoner
South America Operations, GrowVC
With over 15 years of work...more
Mr Tomi Ahonen
Mr Tomi T Ahonen is the most published author in the mobile industry who released his...more
Mr Ajit Jaokar
Ajit Jaokar is the founder of the London based publishing and research company futuretext...more
Accommodation is available at the Rewley House Residential Centre, within the Department for Continuing Education, in central Oxford. The comfortable, en-suite, study-bedrooms are rated 3-star, and come with free high-speed internet access and TV. Guests can take advantage of the excellent dining facilities and common room bar, where they may relax and network with others on the programme.
Fees include refreshments, three-course lunch and post-conference drinks.
- Programme Fee
- Early booking fee: £295.00
- Standard booking fee: £345.00
Apply for this course
If you would like to discuss your application or any part of the application process before applying, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1865 286958
We have a number of sponsorship packages available starting at just £500. Email us and we'll send you an information pack.
You can apply for this course in the following ways:
- Apply online
- to secure your place on this course now
- Apply by post, email or fax
- PDF Application Form .