LTE, LTE-Advanced and HSPA Evolution Standards and System Performance
|Subject area(s)||Electronic Engineering|
|Application status||Dates to be confirmed - Accepting applications|
|Course contact||If you have any questions about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
This course is day 2 and 3 of the LTE, LTE-Advanced and HSPA Evolution: System Design and Operation course and can be taken on its own or as part of the 5-day course. For details of the full 5-day LTE, LTE-Advanced and HSPA Evolution: System Design and Operation course click here.
All delegates will receive a free copy of "LTE for UMTS: Evolution to LTE-Advanced" by Harri Holma and Antti Toskala (Wiley).
Presentations by Dr Harri Holma, NSN Fellow - Radio System Performance, Nokia Siemens Networks, Finland and Dr Antti Toskala, Manager, Radio Standardization, Nokia Siemens Networks, Finland, authors of the current definitive works, "LTE for UMTS - OFDMA and SC-FDMA Based Radio Access", "HSDPA/HSUPA for UMTS" and "WCDMA for UMTS".
Part 1 – LTE Standards and System Performance
- Status of LTE global deployments
- LTE Architecture with S1 and X2 interfaces
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- Layer 2 and layer 3
- Physical layer with OFDMA and SC-FDMA principles
- Mobility management
- Radio Resource Management (RRM)
- Data rates, coverage and capacity
- Voice solutions (CS fallback and VoLTE)
- Frequency variants
- TDD Mode (TD-LTE)
Part 2 - LTE-Advanced and HSPA Evolution Standards and System Performance
- 3GPP status of LTE Advanced in Releases 10-11
- Carrier aggregation
- Multiantenna solutions (MIMO)
- Heterogeneous networks (HetNet)
- Coordinated Multipoint (CoMP)
- LTE evolution in Release 12 and beyond
- HSPA Evolution features in Releases 7-12
- Dual cell HSPA (DC-HSPA), Continuous packet connectivity (CPC), HS-RACH/HS-FACH, HSDPA multiflow
- HSPA voice evolution
- LTE Benchmarking with HSPA evolution
Dr Harri Holma
Nokia Siemens Networks, Finland
Harri Holma joined Nokia Research Centre in 1994 and...more
Dr Antti Toskala
Nokia Siemens Networks
Antti Toskala (M.Sc) joined the Nokia Research Centre in 1994,...more
CertificationSample certificate .
Participants who satisfy the course requirements will receive a Certificate of Attendance. The pdf sample above is an illustration only, and the wording will reflect the course and dates attended.
Accommodation is available at the Rewley House Residential Centre, within the Department for Continuing Education, in central Oxford. The comfortable, en-suite, study-bedrooms are rated 3-star, and come with free high-speed internet access and TV. Guests can take advantage of the excellent dining facilities and common room bar, where they may relax and network with others on the programme.
Fees include course materials, tuition, refreshments and lunches. The price does not include accommodation.
All courses are VAT exempt.
Details of funding opportunities, including grants, bursaries, loans, scholarships and benefit information are available on our financial assistance page.
- Programme Fee
- Standard course fee: £995.00
Apply for this course
If you would like to discuss your application or any part of the application process before applying, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1865 286958
You can apply for this course in the following ways:
- Apply by post, email or fax
- PDF Application Form .