Search results - LTE and HSPA Terminal RF Design Challenges
OX1 2JA map
|Dates||Thu 4 Jul 2013|
|Subject area(s)||Electronic Engineering|
|Application status||Applications being accepted|
|Course contact||If you have any questions about this course, please email email@example.com.|
Enrol online now!
This course is day 4 of the LTE, LTE-Advanced and HSPA Evolution: System Design and Operation course and can be taken on its own or as part of the 5-day course. For details of the full 5-day LTE, LTE-Advanced and HSPA Evolution: System Design and Operation course click here.
- The mobile phone chipset designer’s working
- 2G/ 3G mobile phone hardware evolutions and features
- Description of UMTS transceiver architectures
- HSPA Transmitter design challenges:
- Adjacent Channel Leakage Ratio (ACLR), output power, power consumption trade-off
- HSPA Receiver design challenges:
- Receiver sensitivity in full duplex systems
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity (ACS) test cases
- Talk time and battery technology trends in 3G phones
- Benchmarking of current solutions
- Power consumption estimates
- Improvements with discontinuous transmission and reception (continuous packet connectivity CPC)
- The design constraints of the Multi-Mode, Multi-Band
(MM-MB) mobile phone
- Co-existence issues in MM-MB phones
- Victims and aggressors in MM-MB phones
- Design challenges in removing external SAW filters in MM-MB phones
- Some LTE RF design challenges
- LTE reference sensitivity
- LTE ADC & ACS requirements
- Some frequency band specific challenges.
First day registration from 8.30am when course materials will
Refreshments from 8.30am on the first day plus two 30 minute breaks during the day and a one-hour lunch break.
The course will begin at 9.00am and end at approximately 5.00pm on each day.
Mr Laurent NoŽl
Until recently Laurent Noel was an RF-BB system architect at ST-NXP Wireless,...more
CertificationSample certificate .
Participants who satisfy the course requirements will receive a Certificate of Attendance. The pdf sample above is an illustration only, and the wording will reflect the course and dates attended.
Level and demands
This course is aimed at those who have already basic understanding of WCDMA technology and wish to get themselves up to date with the latest technology development.
The course is intended for engineers, those involved in RF systems design, radio planners, service developers and operators, equipment designers, telecoms consultants and 3G applications developers.
In addition, the course will appeal to technical managers, analysts and strategists wishing to increase their technical understanding of the key subject area currently in the limelight of the telecoms world.
Accommodation is available at the Rewley House Residential Centre, within the Department for Continuing Education, in central Oxford. The comfortable, en-suite, study-bedrooms are rated 3-star, and come with free high-speed internet access and TV. Guests can take advantage of the excellent dining facilities and common room bar, where they may relax and network with others on the programme.
Fees include course materials, tuition, refreshments and lunches. The price does not include accommodation.
All courses are VAT exempt.
- Programme Fee
- Standard Course Fee: £395.00
Apply for this course
If you would like to discuss your application or any part of the application process before applying, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1865 286958
You can apply for this course in the following ways:
- Apply online
- to secure your place on this course now
- Apply by post, email or fax
- PDF Application Form .