Professional development > Electronics, telecoms and engineering
- Multiple Decoupling Capacitors in Printed Circuit Boards - by Dr Bruce Archambeault
- Using Current Probes to Inject Pulses for Troubleshooting - by Doug Smith
- Rising Problem - Dr Howard Johnson
- Crosstalk - by Doug Smith
- Think Small - by Dr Howard Johnson.
- Active Probe Design Philosophy - by Doug Smith.
- Digital "Noise" Common-mode Coupling Mechanisms in the Z-Axis - by W. Michael King.
- Heisenberg and Signal Measurements - by Doug Smith.
- Reduce EMI Emissions for FREE! - by Bruce Archambeault.
- Short-Term Impedance of Planes - by Dr Howard Johnson.
- Measurement & Interpretation of High Frequency Chip Noise - by Doug Smith.
- Why Johnny Can't Design a High-Speed Digital System - by Dr Howard Johnson.
- Bypass Array Models - by Dr Howard Johnson.
- Measuring Skew - by Dr Howard Johnson.
- Routing Signals - by Doug Smith.
Articles & Resources
- High Speed Digital Delight - Electronics Weekly, 4 August 2004.
- In Search of the Killer Applications for 3G - by Tomi T Ahonen.
- Finally Some Light in a Very Long Tunnel - by Tomi T Ahonen.
- Oxford Goes Digital - by Peter Holland.
- www.juniperresearch.com - Juniper Research is a European based provider of high quality data and fully-researched analysis to manufacturers, financiers, developers, and service/content providers across the communications sector. Click link for discount.
- www.cambridgewireless.co.uk - Cambridge Wireless provides a forum for organisations involved in wireless technologies.
- www.fcs.org.uk - Federation of Communications Services - the FCS is a trade association speaking as the voice of and representing the mobile and telecommunications services industry across the UK.
- www.totaltele.com - Daily news from the telecoms sector.
- www.signalintegrity.com - Signal Consulting, high-speed digital design news and articles.
- www.emcesd.com - High Frequency Measurements webpage, with links to interesting technical goodies for download, other interesting websites, and information on Doug Smith's seminars.
- www.electrical-integrity.com - Electrical Integrity webpage, Istvan Novak's website for the professional signal and power integrity engineering community.
- www.armms.org - ARMMS RF & Microwave Society, for individuals with an interest in the design and measurement of devices operating at RF and Microwave frequencies.
- www.practicalrf.com - PracticalRF - on-line database for RF products and design services.
- www.theiet.org - The IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) - the largest professional engineering society in Europe.
- www.eng.ox.ac.uk - Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford.
- www.designspark.com - A great selection of online resources and design support for engineers. Also the link for details about Raspberry Pi.
- www.engnet.co.uk - Engineering Directory/Search Engine.
- BT's Technology Timeline - Smart jelly babies and android gladiators!
Thank you for your interest in linking to the University of Oxford Electronics and Telecoms website. Below you will find details of our linking policy and the information you need to set up a link.
- You may link to our course pages, technical newsletters or articles & resources provided that you cite the University of Oxford Technology Programme as the source and give a link to our website.
- Please send us an email to let us know that you have linked to us.
Thank you for following our guidelines and for your interest in our website. If you need any further information or have any questions, please let us know.