- About the Library
- Library services
- Library resources
- Information for Weekly Class Students
- Help Centre - How do I ...?
- Site Index
- SOLO - Oxford libraries' catalogue
- OxLIP+ - Electronic resources
- Bodleian Libraries
Readers with disabilities
If you would like to discuss specific requirements for using the library please contact the Senior Library Assistant, Amy Wolstenholme.
The library is located at Rewley House and is equipped with facilities that improve access for students with disabilities including:
- access ramp
- a lift to the lower floor, located within the department
- hearing loop
- extra lighting
- disabled toilet nearby
The library offers the following services to all readers which you may find useful:
- Renewals by telephone, e-mail or online (through SOLO)
- Reservations by telephone, e-mail or online (through SOLO)
- Enquiries by e-mail, telephone or online
- Photocopying facilities that can enlarge
Where helpful we also offer:
- fetching services
- extended loan periods
- increased loan allowances
- borrowing by a nominated person on the reader's behalf
- coloured paper for copying/printing
As alternatives to traditional printed media, Oxford subscribes to electronic book and journal services available via SOLO.
If your disabilitiy makes it difficult for you to read printed media that is not available eletronically please contact the Accessible Resources Acquisition and Creation Unit (ARACU) who may be able provide audio recordings and photocopies for you.
If you wish to visit other libraries please visit the Bodleian Libraries pages on disabled access.