Image courtesy of Judy Harden.
Hilary term 2019
Graduate School training week (4-9 February)
The programme for the training week is below, and each session can be booked separately through the WebLearn booking tool, with the exception of the courses delivered by IT Services (details to follow in Jan 19), the Doctoral Research seminar which is booked separately, and the Rewley House lecture, for which no booking is necessary.
Please book sessions on an individual basis. Feedback will be requested from participants, but if you have any initial comments please contact Graduate School.
Monday 4th February:
- Post-induction and progress review (aimed at new starters) 09:45-10:45. Room 212, Rewley House. Tutor: Vlad Mykhnenko
- Core Research Techniques (Humanities) 11:00-13:00. Information Skills Training Room, Social Sciences Library, Manor Road, OX1 3UQ Tutor: Angela Carritt
- Digital Photography 14:30-16:00. Room 212, Rewley House. Tutor: Steve Langton.
Tuesday 5th February:
- Word: Good practice in document design 9:15-12:15. IT Services. Available to Conted students only - email Gradschool for booking details.
- Finding funding with researchprofessional.com (Lunchtime event) 12:30-14:00. Room 212, Rewley House. Tutor: Gaelle Jolly
- Academic Writing: Microfoundations 14.30-17.00. Room 212, Rewley House. Tutor: Delia Lloyd
Wednesday 6th February:
- Creative thinking 10:00-12:30. Room 212, Rewley House. Tutor: Delia Lloyd
- Getting journal articles published 14.00-16.00. Room 212, Rewley House. Tutors: Vlad Mykhnenko & Grant Masom.
- Doctoral Research seminar 16:30-18:00. Room 310, Rewley House.
- Mid-year drinks reception 18:00-19:00. Common room, Rewley House.
Thursday 7th February:
- Concepts of database design 9:15-12:15. IT Services. Available to Conted students only - email Gradschool for booking details.
- Improving your presentations 14:00-16:30. Room 018, Rewley House. Tutor: Veronika Williams
Friday 8th February:
- Preparation for submission, examination and the Viva 10:00-12:00. Room 018, Rewley House. Tutors: Adrian Stokes, Alistair Beecher & Exam Schools.
- Rewley House lecture series 16:30-18:00. Power-posing politicians, human pheromones, and other psychological myths, Dr Tristram Wyatt.
Saturday 9th February:
- Student Exchange: social media for academics 10.00-13:00 Stopforth Metcalfe room, Rewley House. Lead by Alistair Beecher & Delia Lloyd (lunch will be served at 12:30)