Image courtesy of James Vinciguerra.
Trinity Term 2019
The programme for the training week is below, and each session can be booked separately through the WebLearn booking tool, with the exception of the courses delivered by IT Services and the Doctoral Research seminar which are booked separately. Please note that the courses delivered by IT Services are only available to OUDCE students.
Please book sessions on an individual basis. Students from outside the Department for Continuing Education should email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place. Feedback will be requested from participants, but if you have any initial comments please contact Graduate School.
Graduate School training week (17-21 June)
Monday 17th June:
- Databases: Building a database. 9:15-12:15 IT Services Available to Conted students only - email Gradschool for booking details.
- Progress review for first year students 13.30-14.30. Tutor: Vlad Mykhnenko Available to Conted students only
- Improving Personal Effectiveness 14:30-17:00. Tutors: Delia Lloyd and Alistair Beecher
Tuesday 18th June:
- Introduction to Digital Humanities at Oxford 14:00-16:00. Tutor: Tara Stubbs
- Yoga for neck and shoulder relief 17:30-18:30. Tutor: Agata Scibor-Gurkovska
Wednesday 19th June:
- Documents: Managing your thesis 9:15-12:15. IT Services Available to Conted students only - email Gradschool for booking details.
- Graduate School Drop In 12.30-13.15. Available to Conted students only
- Core Research Techniques (Social and Medical Sciences) 14.00-16.00. Tutor Angela Carritt
- Optional Thames boat trip and dinner
Thursday 20th June:
- Preparing for confirmation of status 11:00-13:00 Tutors: Adrian Stokes and Alistair Beecher Available to Conted students only
- Project Management and Data Analysis in Research: an introduction to the art of the possible. 14.00-16.30 Tutor Jim Waddington
Friday 21st June:
- Student Exchange 10:00-13:00 Tutors Alistair Beecher and Delia Lloyd
- Doctoral Research seminar 17:00 - 18:30, Rewley House, Lecture Theatre.
- End of year celebration dinner 19:00 onwards
Additional training sessions