You should expect to find challenging material, as the course requires self- analysis and reflection. The aim of the course is to increase self- and other -awareness.
- Developing Emotionally Intelligent habits:
- key skills to manage yourself and evaluate and manage others’ behaviour.
- Introducing habits for better mental health (for you), and skills to evaluate and manage interpersonal relationships more effectively.
- Thinking skills and changing perspectives:
- Thinking about the perspectives we all use to frame our perceptions.
- Key skills in decision-making, and conflict handling.
- Introducing a framework to identify perspectives and become agile in moving between them.
- Leading with Authenticity (case study)
- Moving on with Emotional Intelligence:
- Emotional agility and emotionally strategic thinking.
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to evaluate some of the things that you do as a leader, which may be barriers to success.
- Identify perspectives which frame our thinking, and take the first steps in agility between these perspectives
- Gain an increased emotional literacy; be able to identify behaviours which are emotionally challenging, with some learned strategies to overcome them.
Dates, Times and Delivery
This course will be delivered over four sessions using Microsoft Teams.
- three x 1.5-hour workshops, delivered once a week on Wednesdays
- one x 1 to 1.5-hour long case study session between workshops 2 and 3
You may be grouped into a smaller team for this case study and analysis.
To support the online sessions, you should actively engage in offline activities, such as the introductory tasks.
- Workshops: 16, 23 and 30 June (Wednesdays, 11:00 - 12:30, UK time)
- Case Study activity session: Friday 25 June (starts 11:00 UK time)
A world clock, and time zone converter can be found here: https://bit.ly/3bSPu6D
This is a ‘virtual classroom’ course.
To replicate the experience of a classroom, the sessions are ‘live’ and are not recorded.
No attendance at Oxford is required and you do not need to purchase any software.