Blockchain is a shared, replicated ledger that underpins technology such as Bitcoin. Blockchain's reach is far wider than cryptocurrency however, as it sets out to provide the foundation for a new generation of transactional applications that establish trust and transparency, while streamlining business processes.
Are you curious about Blockchain and what it can do?
In this one-day course you will learn the essentials of blockchain:
- What blockchain (distributed ledger technology) is and why it is important
- Common use-cases, patterns and pitfalls
- How to get started on a first project: the costs, tasks and expected returns
- Where the technology is headed, and its potential for business transformation
Blockchain is a rare technology that has interest from the C-suite to the developer community.
Managers of all levels will benefit from knowledge of blockchain, whether they are implementing a business case for a CTO to help reduce cost, or helping developers understand the potential of distributed transactional programming model.
The course will focus on the use of distributed ledgers in business scenarios, and will thus take into account the various privacy and confidentiality requirements that organisations face, and the various other regulatory frameworks that govern business today.
It will not focus on the use of anonymous blockchains, or the use of blockchains as (and investment in) cryptocurrencies.
Spring 2022 Dates To Be Confirmed
- Design Thinking: A Collection of Methods and Tools for Inventive Problem Solving (2-day course - date TBC)
- FinTech for Managers (1-day course - date TBC)
- Artificial Intelligence De-mystified: Opportunities and Value in Your Business (1-day course - date TBC)
- Cyber Security for Managers (1-day course - date TBC)
- Blockchain for Managers (1-day course - date TBC)