The course will focus on the use of distributed ledgers in business scenarios, and not on the use of (and investment in) cryptocurrencies.
It will look at a range of different blockchain frameworks, with a particular emphasis on technology from the Linux Foundation Hyperledger project. This is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. Tutorials will focus mainly on Hyperledger Fabric for the blockchain ledger implementation.
The course will consist of four modules:
- Introduction to blockchain and why it is important
- State of the community
- Different blockchain implementations
- Real-world blockchain examples
- Design Thinking for blockchain projects
- Identifying good blockchain use-cases
- Designing blockchain solutions
- Modelling blockchain applications
- Blockchain technical concepts
- Hyperledger Fabric
- Blockchain development tools
- Smart contracts and applications
- Using administration tools
- Blockchain platforms
- Good blockchain architectures
- Building blockchain applications
Software Engineering Tutorials
In order to take advantage of the software engineering tutorials, we would request that you bring your own laptop.
These will require a minimum specification (See 'IT Requirements' section below), as the course will use an online development environment through a Firefox or Chrome browser.