Using interactive negotiation simulations, you will learn how to define success metrics and how to successfully negotiate with others, with different skill sets, perceptions, backgrounds, and approaches. These concepts can be applied to diverse environments, including distributive, integrative, and mixed motive negotiation styles.
By asking questions about how to best prepare for a business negotiation, how to get what you want, and if you should work with or against your counterparty, this course will provide actionable strategic frameworks for:
- Applying and leveraging key conceptual models related to transaction planning and conflict resolution.
- Analysing and synthesising business negotiation theories, skill-sets and studies
- Developing, and learning how to continually develop, a value-added business negotiation toolbox and confidence as business negotiators and dealmakers
- Creating an innate ability to apply the various strategic frameworks of business negotiations and deal-making in diverse settings (business-to-business, private-public sector, etc.)
- Defining specific success metrics within diverse teams and groups before, during and after business negotiations and deal-making settings
- Enhancing effective communication, both verbal and nonverbal, and developing an empathetic understanding of how and why counterparties may see things differently from you and your business unit
- Possessing an overall understanding of the nature of business negotiations and deal-making
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to get the best out of their business negotiations.
This could be from those who are, or are making the transition to, working in a management capacity, or those who are more generally seeking to enhance their business negotiation skills and confidence.
Dates, Times and Delivery
The Business Negotiations (Online) course will be delivered over two sessions. Each session will run for approximately 3.5 hours, from 5:00 - 8:30pm (UK time), and include two 15-minute breaks.
A world clock, and time zone converter can be found here: https://bit.ly/3bSPu6D
This is a ‘virtual classroom’ course.
To replicate the experience of a classroom, the sessions are ‘live’ and are not recorded.