Who will benefit from this course?
The Design Thinking Practitioner (Online) course is designed for everybody who has an interest in solving problems and building something new.
You will benefit from this course if:
- You want to start your journey towards becoming a Design Thinking practitioner
- You have a basic need for Design Thinking:
- You are looking for a way to boost innovation and creativity in your organisation
- You want to develop new products and services for an existing business
- You are involved in a charity or social enterprise and are searching for creative methods to boost the impact of your organisation
- You want to get involved in start-ups and need a route into your first ‘killer product’
- You want a route into launching and running real Design Thinking projects
- What is Design Thinking
- Design Thinking worked for them!
- An overview of the Design Thinking Process
- Design Thinking Projects
- Establishing the team
- Building your workspace
- Establishing rituals
- Project patterns
- Design Thinking in Context
- The critics of Design Thinking
- Sharpening your observational skills – how to find problems to drive innovation
Dates, Times and Delivery
The Design Thinking Practitioner (Online) course will run over 6 sessions, from 25 January - 1 February 2021, with online sessions delivered at 11:00 (UK time) on weekdays.
The course sessions take place on: 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 January, and 1 February 2021
Each session will be 90 minutes, presented live from Oxford.
A world clock, and time zone converter can be found here: https://bit.ly/3bSPu6D
During the course you will have access to an online collaboration website. This can be used to interact with the course tutor, and will also be used to support learning activities during the course.