Do you want to learn and speak the language of finance?
Do you want to build expertise in practical financial analysis applications?
Do you want to understand the pros and cons of data analytics and its potential using real-life business cases?
This course will provide you with an intensive practical introduction to key concepts and techniques of financial analysis.
You will explore classical methods, ratios and measures and later combine those with forecasting techniques, newer data and analytics capabilities.
This course also looks at best cases from industry and how financial analysis and (data) analytics in particular can build ground for data-centric management decisions, make product value chains more efficient, products smarter and can help to make customer responses more personalized.
At the end of this course, participants will gain the confidence, foundational knowledge and awareness of how to use financial analysis and what (data) analytics could add to the overall financial analysis equation having the potential to enhance the top and bottom line of an enterprises’ modus operandi.
This practical day-course will use lecture presentations, some group work, short videos and case studies to improve our overall learning outcome.
The aims of the seminar are:
- (re-) introduce participants to classic financial analysis tools and methods
- perform and critically interpret financial ratios
- use financial information for operational and strategic decision-making
- introduce cost / activity-based and value-based management
- forecast variables including basic trend and regression analysis
- raise awareness of what can be achieved with forecasting techniques using different industry case studies
- discuss data as critical corporate asset for tactical and strategic management decisions
- acknowledge data as the new oil for data-driven decision making
- Pros and cons of data driven decisions (when contradicting human intuition)