This is one module encompassed within the Online programme in Sleep Medicine which leads to an MSc or PgDip.
It is expected that after completion of this module students will be able:
- To describe the prevalence, risk and impact profile of insomnia and how its classification has evolved
- To appraise the role of key psychobiological factors in the expression, development and maintenance of insomnia
- To demonstrate understanding of evidence for insomnia as a causal agent in the genesis of adverse health outcomes
- To describe and critique the evidence-base for insomnia treatments
- To demonstrate understanding of how effective treatments target key etiological and maintenance processes in the expression of insomnia
- To outline and critique novel and emergent treatment approaches for the management of insomnia