Session 1 (Tuesday 8 June 2021)
10:00am – 10:45am Introduction. Why publish?
Introduction or Ask an Editor (a view from the profession)
- Career advancement and to separate yourself from the crowd?
- To follow up a particular interest?
- Continuing Personal Development (CPD),
- Career enhancement or commercial advantage.
- Individual research (personal interest or partnership)
- Case Study (a key stimulant to research is an interesting case study)
10:45 – 11:00 Discussion
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15 -12:00 Pathways to Publication: Pitfalls, Practicalities and Proofing
- Conference sessions or individual papers?
- Journals papers (peer review and profile)?
- Book (free/commercial publisher; paid for output)?
12.30 Session ends
Session 2 Weds 9 June 2021
10.00 -10.45 Journal or Book? A close look at subjects and focus, an opportunity to look back with curiosity at those areas which have provoked debate amongst friends and colleagues, the proposal.
- Challenging orthodoxy
- New research
- Alternative interpretation
- Revised guidance
- Subject & How to Plan
11.15-12.00 Submission and Promotion
- The Writer’s Art - First Draft/Final Draft, Review, Proofing, Promotion
12.00-12:30 Discussion and Proposals
12.30 Course Ends