The course combines Oxentia’s expertise in commercialisation and start-ups, with industry best practice.
You will leave this course with an understanding of how and when to use appropriate valuation methodologies for your early stage technology or business.
We will show examples of how this applies when seeking to license a technology, or raise investment for a company.
This course was developed in conjunction with Oxentia, Oxford’s Global Innovation Consultancy, and utilises Oxentia's experience of helping clients commercialise technology and IP in over fifty countries around the world.
The course covers the following topics:
- Context and detail of valuation, its uses and its limitations
- Valuation methodologies including the following, with discussion on how and when they can be used:
- Cost method
- Market Approach (comparables)
- Income Method - Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- VC Method: Pre-Money and Post-Money Valuation
- Exploration of the valuation methodologies above using practical, case-study based interactive exercises.
The course is likely to be particularly attractive to those seeking to understand and grow technology-based businesses, acquire valuable technologies, to maximise and de-risk returns on investment, and generally to upskill themselves in key issues of this important discipline.