Dr Geoffrey Tyack, FSA, FRHistS, is a Fellow of Kellogg College and former director of the Stanford University Centre in Oxford. His books include Sir James Pennethorne and the Making of Victorian London, Life and Work in a Middlesex Village: Harefield 1880-1914, and Two Early Panoramas of the Regent’s Park: The Panoramas of Richard Morris and John Mortimer. He has also written extensively on the architecture of Oxford, and is co-author of the revised Pevsner volume on Berkshire in the Buildings of England series. He edits the Georgian Group Journal, and is a Trustee of the Oxford preservation Trust. He has taught courses for the OUDCE for many years, and lectures widely elsewhere on topics in British and European architectural and urban history.