Facilities & services
The Department for Continuing Education has a full-service residential and catering facility, with 4-star campus accommodation, well-appointed meeting and lecture rooms, and a dedicated catering team.
Two locations serve the Department's students and conference partners: Rewley House in Wellington Square, central Oxford, and Ewert House in nearby Summertown.
Rewley House in Wellington Square is the main base for the Department's activities. Located in a quiet enclave of central Oxford, Rewley House is a short walk from Oxford's historic sites, colleges, museums, shops and restaurants, thus making it the ideal base for students and visitors alike. Our facilities here include:
- A full-service library and reading room (available for students and the Friends of Lifelong Learning)
- Our popular restaurant, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, and providing refreshments on location as needed, including working lunches, buffets and tea and coffee service.
- A fully licensed bar and common room
- A 127 seat lecture theatre (removable seating to accommodate up to 10 wheelchair users) with projection booth and digital lectern
- 10 well appointed meeting rooms equipped with audio visual equipment
- 'Number 12', our recently refurbished Victorian building on Wellington Square in central Oxford, consists of 9 superior en suite bedrooms. These rooms are traditionally decorated (some with original decorative fireplaces) and offer comfortable King size and Double beds, Freeview television, free WiFi and tea and coffee making facilities.
- Rewley House and surrounding buildings on Wellington Square feature 35 en suite bedrooms, including a self-contained disabled suite. All rooms include internet connectivity, Freeview television, tea and coffee making facilities.
- 2 fully furnished and equipped self-catering flats
- A fully equipped computer teaching room with 16 terminals
- A secluded central courtyard and landscaped back garden for relaxation or receptions
- In-house technical support team
Ewert House in Summertown is conveniently located just outside central Oxford, offering easy access by car or bus. The full range of Summertown's excellent shops and restaurants are all within walking distance, and central Oxford is just 5 minutes by public transport. Ewert House offers the following amenities:
- A range of meeting and seminar rooms
- Hospitality catering in meeting rooms
- A computer teaching classroom
- Nearby municipal parking
The Residential Centre Team is happy to discuss requirements or to arrange a visit:
Telephone: 01865 270362
Fax: 01865 280780
4-star campus accommodation
Our fantastic location in central Oxford, combined with our excellent dining room and amenities, makes Rewley House accommodation ideal.
Our Departmental library has a collection of 73,000 books together with periodicals and online resources. Please see the Library pages in the 'students' section of the site.