Flexible Oxford qualifications
The following Oxford qualifications are studied entirely, or mostly, online:
- Undergraduate Certificate of Higher Education
- Foundation Certificate in English Literature
- Undergraduate Diploma in Creative Writing
- Undergraduate Advanced Diploma in IT Systems Analysis and Design
- Undergraduate Advanced Diploma in Local History
- Postgraduate Certificate in Nanotechnology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Infectious Diseases
- MSt in the History of Design
We also offer a number of low-residency programmes that allow students to study whilst continuing with their day-to-day life. The short residential stays provide high contact hours with tutors and fellow students, resulting in a fully immersive experience.
Short online courses
Structured as weekly online meetings, these online courses take place in a virtual learning environment allowing for students to study from anywhere in the world. Courses are normally 5-10 or 20 weeks in duration and class sizes are kept small to maximise interaction between students and the tutor.
Sample units from short online courses in archaeology, art history, literature and philosophy are available to view from the course demonstration site.
Coursework is an integral part of all our short online courses and WOW classes. Everyone enrolled will be expected to do coursework, but only those who have registered for credit will be awarded CATS points for completing work at the required standard.
Please refer to our CATS Points System guidelines to find out more about CATS points and how to register for credit.
Credit earned from our short onine courses and WOW classes is transferable towards our award programme, the Certificate of Higher Education.
A number of our professional development courses can be studied online from anywhere in the world.