Environment and sustainability
Short courses and postgraduate qualifications
The world we live in is changing rapidly and programmes in urbanism, sustainability, ecology, wildlife conservation and the environment are more important than ever.
Whether you wish to study for personal interest, professional development, or are looking to gain a qualification, we have a course for you.
Short courses cover a range of topics such as animal behaviour, plant biodiversity, survey methods and mapping tools. Some of these courses can be studied for credit, which means they can count towards a recognised qualification such as our Undergraduate Certificate of Higher Education.
Courses for graduates and professionals
Our world-leading programmes have an international perspective and scope and draw upon Oxford University's interdisciplinary expertise.
- Urban studies – part-time master's and doctoral degree in sustainable urban development for practitioners and researchers engaged in cities and urban issues.
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Wildlife Conservation - an eight-month full-time course (of which one month is distance learning) focusing on the global dimensions of wildlife conservation.
- Wed 10 Jan 2024 – 22 Mar 2024
- Wed 10 Jan 2024 – 14 Feb 2024
- 5 meetings
- Mon 15 Jan 2024 – 05 Apr 2024
- Tue 23 Jan 2024 – Tue 26 Mar 2024
- 10 meetings
- 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Sat 10 Feb 2024 – 11 Feb 2024
- 9.45am Saturday - 5.00pm Sunday