Postgraduate part-time courses, online courses and training in nanotechnology and nanomedicine
In partnership with the Department of Engineering Science
Postgraduate courses and training in nanotechnology and nanomedicine for professionals working in industry, research, healthcare, business and commercialisation, and regulation. Topics include the fundamental science and wider context of nanotechnology, and nanoscale materials characterisation (all online), an introduction to bionanotechnology, the science and applications of nanomedicine, and the clinical translation and commercialisation of nanomedicine.
- Postgraduate qualifications - study while working
- Short training courses for professionals and online courses
- The latest advances in knowledge, skills and techniques in nanotechnology and nanomedicine
- Real-time online tutorials and access to state-of-the-art equipment for materials characterisation techniques
- Taught by experts under Professor Robert Carlisle (Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Department of Engineering Science) and Dr Christiane Norenberg (Begbroke Science Park)
"The Postgraduate Certificate in Nanotechnology most certainly helped me make a start in the field and I was even invited to write an article for the Royal Society... incorporating aspects of nanotechnology for drug delivery applications. I would not have been able to make such a contribution to the field without the training received in the course!"
Dr Sofia Pascu, University of Bath
Watch Peter Dobson OBE, Emeritus Professor at the Department of Engineering Science, talk more about the Department's nanotechnology and nanomedicine programmes.