Friends of lifelong learning
- Friends of Lifelong Learning from £20 / year - Membership form
- A 10% discount on tuition fees for day and weekend courses at the Department for Continuing Education.
- Invitations to social and academic events and activities.
- Online editions of Oxford Today, the magazine of the University of Oxford and the Departmental Newsletter (produced four times per year, containing news of special events and articles of interest.
- For Friends not currently registered on a Departmental course, an opportunity to become a member of the Department for Continuing Education library for only £10 per year.
- Discounted rates on accommodation and breakfast at Rewley House, the Department's three-star facility in central Oxford (subject to availability).
Aims of the Friends
- To provide financial support to students who would otherwise be unable to participate.
- To support academic activities, such as lecture series, events and the development of new courses.
- To offer input on future directions for lifelong learning at the University, including course development.
At the University of Oxford's Department for Continuing Education and Kellogg College, we believe in the transformative effect of lifelong learning - for all those with the potential and commitment to participate in the Oxford community of learning.
We are committed to extending the benefits of Oxford's research and scholarship beyond the full-time student body and provide a stimulating environment to nurture the life of the mind, by providing tutors and teaching resources dedicated to the needs of adult learners.
For over 125 years, the University of Oxford has been providing adults with the opportunity to study. The shared mission of the Department for Continuing Education and Kellogg College is to give more people access to Oxford learning by the provision of part-time and other flexible modes of education.
Lifelong learning at the University is funded primarily by course fees and donations. The Friends play a key role in supporting lifelong learning at the University, particularly through their support for facilities, library resources and student bursaries.
You can make a single or recurring gift through our online giving site.
As a friend you will become part of the community of lifelong learning in Oxford.