Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, our 2020 programme of courses and workshops in the historic environment has been cancelled. Course administrators will be in touch with all participants regarding refunds.
Participants will be notified when the 2021 programme is available.
Short practical courses from one to three days
Expert tuition for professionals whose work involves fieldwork, planning, management, curation and research, and also for members of the public with a keen interest in archaeology and historic buildings. Below is our programme of short practical courses:
- An Introduction to GIS for Archaeologists
- Law and the Historic Environment
- Short Course in Radiocarbon Dating and Bayesian Chronological Analysis
- Stratigraphic Analysis in Archaeology
- The Setting of Heritage Assets and Places
- Heritage Research: Skills and Sources
- Churches: History, Significance and Use
- Delivering Public Benefit through Archaeology
- Condition Surveys of Historic Buildings
- Photographing Historic Buildings
- Heritage Values and the Assessment of Significance
- Project Management in Archaeology: An Introduction
- Public Inquiry Workshop
- Have been developed with leading heritage practices.
- Are linked to the National Occupational Standards for the sector and are endorsed by CifA, the IHBC, FAME and the Archaeology Training Forum for continuous professional development.
- Provide training in key archaeological skills firmly grounded in everyday professional working experience.
- Engage with some of the most complex issues in the sector.
Booking and payment
Short courses can be booked online via individual course webpages.
Payment of fees must be made in full at the time of booking. Please note that businesses and organisations can be invoiced on provision of a Purchase Order and completed application form. These can be emailed to the CWHE Programme Administrator, email: email@example.com