The Oxford Experience
The Oxford Experience is a residential summer programme providing one-week courses in a variety of subjects aimed at non-specialists. It offers a choice of seminars each week over a period of six weeks.
Choose from over 60 different courses in the following areas:
- Archaeology and Early History
- Art, Music, Houses and Gardens
- Literature and Creative Writing
- Modern History and Philosophy
- Natural and Social Sciences
The Oxford Experience gives you a unique opportunity to sample life in Christ Church, one of the university’s most impressive and beautiful colleges.
- Week-long residential summer courses
- Lively social programme
- Small study groups taught by experienced tutors
- Designed for an international audience aged 18 and up
During your course, you will stay in typical Oxford student accommodation at Christ Church in buildings which range from the 18th to the 20th century.
The fee stated includes a bedroom with private bathroom facilities (shower, washbasin and toilet). Most are single but a few twins are available for couples or those who wish to share with a friend. Those couples wishing to book a twin room should contact us directly at email@example.com, as these rooms cannot be booked online.
There are also a few standard rooms available, which all have their own washbasin and shaver point but shared bath and toilet facilities. To apply for one of these rooms please select the ‘Programme Fee (with single standard accommodation and meals)’ option on the application form. Early application for these rooms is essential.
Most standard rooms are single but there are a few ‘twin sets’ (two single rooms opening off a sitting room). If you wish to book a twin set, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, as these rooms cannot be booked online.
Please indicate your accommodation preferences (either online or on your application form) together with a note of any mobility problems.
We regret that we are unable to offer you accommodation at Christ Church prior to or following your course. Additionally, family or friends who are not enrolled in the programme cannot be accommodated in college.
Students should note that bedrooms are modestly-furnished, do not have air-conditioning and are arranged on a staircase of four or five floors.
Please note that if accommodation is unavailable in a particular week, we also offer places on a non-residential basis whereby participants can take classes and have meals at the college, having arranged their own accommodation elsewhere. To find out more, please contact email@example.com
We invite you to participate in our wide-ranging and lively social programme which has something for everyone, from guided walks and special guest lectures to entertaining cultural events. Enjoy events such as croquet and wine in the Masters' Garden, a folk dancing display, a whisky tasting evening. These vary from week to week and it should be noted that some may incur an additional charge.
Fees and Supplements
- Programme Fee (with single en-suite accommodation and meals): £1545
- Programme Fee (with single standard accommodation and meals): £1365
- Excursion Fee where applicable: £50-100
All fees are charged on a per week, per person basis.
Cancellations and Refunds
Participants who wish to cancel must inform the Programme Administrator in writing: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Oxford Experience, OUDCE, 1 Wellington Square, OXFORD, OX1 2JA, UK.
The following cancellation and refund policy applies in all cases:
- Cancellations received up to and including 30 April 2019 – OUDCE will retain an administration fee of £100 per week booked; all other fees paid will be refunded.
- Cancellations received between 1-31 May 2019 – OUDCE will retain 60% of the fees paid; the remaining 40% of fees paid will be refunded.
- Cancellations received on and after 1 June 2019 – no refunds will be made.
Online registration closes on Wednesday, 1 May 2019 but please note that some courses may be fully booked very quickly so early registration is recommended.
Programme dates 2019: 7 July - 17 August
Online enrolments open Monday 24 September 2018 at 12:00 am UK time.
Contact email: email@example.com
If you experience any difficulties enrolling online please contact the Programme Administrator.
Please note: prior to the public opening of the Oxford Experience, the programme offers a pre-enrolment system to previous attendees. Course and accommodation availability may be affected accordingly.