The Oxford Experience is a residential summer programme aimed at non-specialists, providing more than 60 week-long courses in a range of subjects including:
- Archaeology and Early History
- Art, Music, Houses and Gardens
- Literature and Creative Writing
- Modern History and Philosophy
- Natural and Social Sciences
During your course you will:
- Sample life in Christ Church, one of Oxford’s most impressive and beautiful colleges
- Study in small groups taught by experienced tutors
- Have privileged access to many areas of the college closed to the general public
- Be invited to receptions, a final gala dinner, and to dine at ‘high table’
- Enjoy a wide-ranging and lively social programme, from lectures to entertaining cultural events
- Have the opportunity to participate in organised walking tours and excursions, or to explore Oxford independently
No prior knowledge is required and classes are pitched at an introductory level.
While you are expected to complete some pre-course reading, you are not required to produce any written work during the week.
We invite you to participate in our wide-ranging and lively social programme which has something for everyone, from guided walks and special guest lectures to entertaining cultural events. Enjoy events such as croquet and wine in the Masters' Garden, a folk dancing display, a whisky tasting evening. These vary from week to week and it should be noted that some may incur an additional charge.
During your course, you will stay in typical Oxford student accommodation at Christ Church in buildings which range from the 18th to the 20th century.
The fee stated includes a bedroom with private bathroom facilities (shower, washbasin and toilet). Most are single but a few twins are available.
There are also a few standard rooms available, which all have their own washbasin and shaver point but shared bath and toilet facilities. Most standard rooms are single but there are a few ‘twin sets’ (two single rooms opening off a sitting room).
If you wish to book a twin en-suite room or a standard twin set room please contact us directly at email@example.com, as these rooms cannot be booked online.
Please indicate your accommodation preferences (either online or on your application form) together with a note of any mobility problems. Students should note that bedrooms are modestly-furnished, do not have air-conditioning and are arranged on a staircase of four or five floors.
We regret that we are unable to offer you accommodation at Christ Church prior to or following your course. Additionally, family or friends who are not enrolled in the programme cannot be accommodated in college.
If accommodation is unavailable in a particular week, we also offer places on a non-residential basis whereby participants can take classes and have meals at the college, having arranged their own accommodation elsewhere. To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees and Supplements
- Programme Fee (with single en-suite accommodation and meals): £1545
- Programme Fee (with single standard accommodation and meals): £1365
- Excursion Fee where applicable: £50-100
All fees are charged on a per week, per person basis.
Online registration closes on Wednesday 1 May 2019.
Oxford Experience courses are designed for an international audience aged 18 and up.
Please note: some courses fill up fast so early registration is recommended. Prior to the public opening of the Oxford Experience, the programme offers a pre-enrolment system to previous attendees - course and accommodation availability may be affected accordingly.
If you experience any difficulties enrolling online please contact the Programme Administrator: email@example.com
Cancellations and Refunds
Participants who wish to cancel must inform the Programme Administrator in writing: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Oxford Experience, OUDCE, 1 Wellington Square, OXFORD, OX1 2JA, UK.
The following cancellation and refund policy applies in all cases:
- Cancellations received up to and including 30 April 2019 – OUDCE will retain an administration fee of £100 per week booked; all other fees paid will be refunded.
- Cancellations received between 1-31 May 2019 – OUDCE will retain 60% of the fees paid; the remaining 40% of fees paid will be refunded.
- Cancellations received on and after 1 June 2019 – no refunds will be made.