This course presents industry best-practice in a clear and understandable manner. You will leave the course with the knowledge and understanding to enable you to manage risk on your project. The course draws on the PRAM guide developed by the Association for Project Management and on practical project experience from real projects.
The course includes:
- An overview of project risk management – why it matters and how it works.
- Planning for risk management
- Identification of risks in resources, scope and schedule
- Taking advantage of opportunities – the positive side of chance events
- Information gathering for Risk
- How to assess, quantify and prioritise risks
- Strategies to respond to risk – reduction, mitigation and avoidance
- Managing and communicating risk Information
- The human face of risk – why do people and projects get it wrong?
Project risk management is employed by small businesses and large, in both the private and public sectors. This course is relevant for both new and experienced project managers who need to update their skills in project risk management. Additionally this course will be of interest to organisational leaders and customers of larger projects who want to understand how their organisations can effectively manage project risks.