Concessionary fees for short courses
The Department operates a concessionary fee policy for our weekly classes, short online courses and day and weekend schools, for people on low incomes. Concessionary fees are limited to 3 courses per person per academic year (please be aware that a 20-week weekly class counts as two courses).
Please note: The concessionary fee does not apply to our
- Continuing Professional Development courses i.e. professional, non-accredited short courses
- Award-bearing course such as Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Certificates, Diplomas or Masters' courses
- Summer schools
Students on these courses are not eligible for this concession. Please view our sources of funding page for more information about student loans, departmental bursaries and other funding options.
You may be eligible for a reduction of 50% of tuition fees if:
- you are in receipt of a UK state benefit: e.g. Job Seekers’ Allowance, Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Housing Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance (full list available on request);
- your sole source of income is a DWP State Retirement Pension and Pension Credit.
you are a full-time student in Higher Education in the UK. Your documentary evidence must indicate that you are a full time student during the same academic year that the short course is taking place.
Please complete the General Concessionary Fee Application Form (Pdf or Word) and send it, a copy of your documentary evidence of status / entitlements, a completed enrolment form(Pdf or Word), as appropriate, and a cheque for 50% of the full tuition fee to the relevant office. Alternative payment methods can be arranged on receipt of the relevant forms.
Others who are experiencing financial hardship may also be eligible for financial assistance.
Please complete the Application for a financial hardship concession form and send it with a completed enrolment form to the Weekly Classes Office.
We cannot accept online applications for concessionary fees.
Weekly Classes Office
Ewert Place, Summertown
- Tel: +44 (0)1865 280892 / 280893 / 280894
- Fax:+44 (0)1865 280900
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/weekly/
Online Classes Office
Ewert Place, Summertown
- Tel: +44 (0)1865 280973 / 280974
- Fax:+44 (0)1865 280975
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/online/
Day & Weekend Events Office
1 Wellington Square