UK Government Loans
If you are a home or EU student starting one of our undergraduate courses and do not already have an undergraduate degree, you may apply for a part-time student loan to cover all or part of your fees.
You can find information on repayment of loans and an application form on the Student Finance England website.
How much loan should you apply for?
You may apply for all or part of your fees. If you have received a bursary towards your fees you must deduct this amount from the total amount of your loan. If you are intending to apply for a bursary and are therefore not sure how much loan you will need, tick the 'maximum available to you’ box.
Once you have confirmation from Student Finance England that your loan has been approved, please contact the Widening Access Assistant to let her know and forward a copy of the payment schedule to her when you receive it. Your loan will be paid directly to the Department in three instalments.
Applying for a loan for the Certificate of Higher Education
If you intend to apply for a student loan to cover your programme fee and short course fees for the Certificate of Higher Education, please follow the guidelines below:
- Confirm to the Widening Access Assistant that you have applied for a part-time student loan. You should apply for the maximum amount available. If you put down a lesser amount it cannot be changed later in the year.
- Forward confirmation of your loan from Student Finance England to the Widening Access Assistant by email or post.
- Every time you book a course which you would like paid for by your student loan, please notify the Program Administrator. If your loan has not been confirmed when you book a course, you will have to pay a deposit which will be returned once your loan is agreed.
- You may claim the course fee for OUSSA from your student loan. The loan cannot be used for accommodation costs.
- When you have booked all the courses you intend to take, please let the Widening Access Assistant know so that she can adjust down your loan amount.
UK Master’s Loans
A new £10,000 government loans scheme for full-time and part-time master’s courses will come into effect for applicants starting a course in 2016-17. Applications are now open and should be made via the Student Loans Company website.
The university’s UK Master’s Loans page offers further details, as well as a full list of eligible courses.
Professional and Career Development Loans
If you are taking a postgraduate course in order to develop your career, it may be worth considering a Professional and Career Development Loan. For details please visit the PCDL website. To make an application you will need our department’s provider number, which is 6434. Not all courses are eligible, and the course you wish to apply for may need to be registered. Please contact the Widening Access Assistant as soon as possible so that we can check eligibility and register the course for you if necessary.
Please note the correct name and address for the Department when completing the student loan application form: Oxford University Department for Continuing Education, Rewley House, 1 Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JA.
Contact the Widening Access Assistant
For all queries about Student Loans and financial support, please contact the Widening Access Assistant:
+44(0)1865 280 355