The aim of this course is to provide insight into the many issues facing those seeking to operate effectively in branding and marketing.
The limited time available to cover the diverse range of topics will mean that some issues will be merely touched upon or otherwise treated only briefly, providing you with the vocabulary to continue your studies in areas of interest after the end of the course.
Session 1: Brand Identity
(Monday 22 November 2021)
- Understanding brand identity and its critical role in facilitating business growth
- Brand values and how they affect written, spoken, and visual communication
- Brand voice: what it is and how it acts as a vital differentiator
- Resources and their implications for brand identity
- Building a brand based on the above considerations
Session 2: Customers
(Wednesday 24 November 2021)
- Segmentation, targeting, positioning
- Customer personas
- Market research
Session 3: Content Marketing
(Monday 29 November 2021)
Session 4: Measuring Results to Enhance Business Success
(Wednesday 1 December 2021)
- Defining the right metrics for you
- Traditional marketing campaign metrics
- Website measurement tools
- Social Media measurements
- Harnessing your metrics for better branding and marketing
Dates, Times and Delivery
The Branding and Marketing (online) course will run over two weeks, from 22 November - 1 December 2021, with online sessions delivered at 11:30 – 13:00 (UK time) on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Each session will be 90 minutes.
These live video sessions will be held over Microsoft Teams at 11:30 – 13:00 (UK time) on:
- Monday 22 and 29 November
- Wednesday 24 November and 1 December
A world clock, and time zone converter can be found here: https://bit.ly/3bSPu6D
This is a ‘virtual classroom’ course.
To replicate the experience of a classroom, the sessions are ‘live’ and are not recorded.
No attendance at Oxford is required and you do not need to purchase any software.