Why and how did evidence-based medicine arise, and why should you accept it?
The course will combine face-to-face teaching in Oxford and online distance learning. During the teaching week, we will use a combination of short lectures, interactive seminars, group work and in-class activities. There will also be preparatory reading and online interaction before and after the course, with follow-up on extended essay preparation.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- identify and engage with the philosophical aspects of EBHC
- defend and critique EBHC as a theory of evidence
- approach questions about evidence and healthcare in a nuanced and critical manner
- consider the present and future of EBHC within the context of its history and where it came from
- think critically about what evidence is and how it should be applied to healthcare topics
- write a philosophical or historical essay
The last date for receipt of complete applications is 17.00 Friday 16th June 2023. Regrettably, late applications cannot be accepted.