Current job vacancies | Oxford University Department for Continuing Education
Grade 3: £18,412 - £21,220 p.a.
Closing date: 10 March 2017
We are looking for a well-organised administrator to support our programme of postgraduate and short training courses in environmental sciences and sustainable urban development.
The role is very varied, and will be attractive to someone with good all-round administrative skills and a career interest in higher education or event management. Operating within a close-knit team, you will be involved with course logistics, marketing, and client and tutor liaison.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- good organisational and time management skills, and an ability to manage competing tasks and a varied, busy workload;
- good communication skills (written and oral), and the ability to interact appropriately with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- the ability to present consistently a professional and positive image of yourself;
- accuracy and attention to detail;
- competence in using standard applications (e.g. Microsoft Office) for electronic communications, word processing, spreadsheets, and data/ records management;
- a strong customer focus;
- an appropriate level of numeracy (at least a good pass at GCSE Maths or equivalent);
- the ability to work and communicate effectively within a team.
Also, experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage: servicing events, conferences, courses and/ or training programmes; responding to straightforward enquiries; maintaining web-based content (e.g. for a website or a virtual learning environment); financial processing and using financial software; operating within a customer-facing role or a service environment.
The post is based within the Department for Continuing Education’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Centre. We run high-quality part-time professionally-oriented and postgraduate programmes, with about 200 academic programmes, short courses and conferences annually.
This post is full-time and is for a fixed-term of 2 years in the first instance.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on 10 March 2017. Interviews to be held on 21 March 2017.
Telephone: +44 (0)1865 280152