Developing skills for online teaching and digital resources in evidence-based health care education.
This fully online course is designed for educators interested in providing flexible learning opportunities for health care professionals in a virtual environment. Participants will learn essential skills for the effective teaching and development of online and digital resources in evidence-based health care (EBHC) education. Participants will also apply evidence-informed course design, project management, licensing, and future-proofing to their digitised course material.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- critically consider educational qualities for online teaching and education
- identify, appraise, and implement research evidence for online course design
- conduct a situational analysis for delivering online material in a context specific to evidence-based healthcare
- plan for the design (or re-design) and production of an online course including effective digital learning resources
- improve their skills in delivering effective online tutoring
- issue an implementation and evaluation plan for assessing the quality of an online course and its digital resources
- support the development of other digital educators through observation, feedback, coaching and peer-peer interactions