Postgraduate part-time courses and training in evidence-based health care
In partnership with
Our mission is to develop students to influence and improve health care practice through our world-class programme in evidence-based health care. The Programme is delivered in conjunction with Oxford's Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, the UK's top-ranked department in this field (Research Excellence Framework 2014), and is supported by the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine.
Led by internationally recognised experts and leaders in evidence-based practice and education, the Programme has received worldwide recognition for the quality of its teaching and graduates.
- Part-time postgraduate courses devised to be undertaken by those in full-time employment
- Flexible modular framework offering choice and opportunities for specialisation
- Choice of modules, blended and online teaching
- Intensive residential weeks in Oxford with interactive, problem-based learning
- Home study supported by a rich and regularly updated virtual learning environment
- Web access to course and library resources and to online discussions
For healthcare professionals and people working with healthcare research, for example:
- specialist registrars and trainees
- clinical researchers
- healthcare managers and policy makers
- health information specialists
- knowledge managers
- medical journalists
- professionals in the pharmaceutical and health-related industries
"Evidence-based healthcare has taken root as one of the central pillars of modern medicine. Arguably, the delivery of healthcare based on evidence has never been more important as we grapple with unexplained variations in practice and spiralling healthcare costs."
Professor Carl Heneghan, Director - Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine
Our courses include:
- MSc in Evidence-Based Health Care
- MSc in EBHC Systematic Reviews
- MSc in EBHC Medical Statistics
- DPhil in Evidence-Based Health Care
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Research
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Research
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching Evidence-Based Health Care
- Short courses in Evidence-Based Health Care
Modules and short courses for training
- Any programme module can also be taken separately for professional development
- Modules are available as one-week training courses
- It may be possible to later count these towards a qualification - we are happy to advise.