Evidence-based health care programme Overview
Postgraduate part-time courses and training
In partnership with
Why study with us
Our mission is to develop students to influence and improve health care practice through our world-class programme in evidence-based health care. Led by internationally recognised experts and leaders in evidence-based practice and education, the Programme has received worldwide recognition for the quality of its teaching and graduates.
The Programme is delivered in partnership with Oxford's Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, one of the world's most important academic centres for primary care, and leaders in world-class research and training for over 20 years. It is also supported by the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine. Find out more about the history of the centre and the Evidence-Based Health Care Programme in the short video below:
Some of the unique features of this Programme include:
- Part-time postgraduate courses devised to be undertaken by those in full-time employment
- Flexible modular framework offering choice and opportunities for specialisation
- Choice of modules, blended and online teaching
- Intensive residential weeks in Oxford with interactive, problem-based learning
- Home study supported by a rich and regularly updated virtual learning environment
- Web access to course and library resources and to online discussions
The Programme is suitable for a wide range of healthcare professionals and people working with healthcare research, for example: doctors, specialist registrars and trainees, clinical researchers, nurses, healthcare managers and policy makers, health information specialists, knowledge managers, medical journalists and professionals in the pharmaceutical and health-related industries.
"Evidence-based healthcare has taken root as one of the central pillars of modern medicine. Arguably, the delivery of healthcare based on evidence has never been more important as we grapple with unexplained variations in practice and spiralling healthcare costs."
Professor Carl Heneghan, Director - Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine
- DPhil in Evidence-Based Health Care
- MSc in Evidence-Based Health Care
- MSc in EBHC Systematic Reviews
- MSc in EBHC Medical Statistics
- MSc in EBHC Teaching and Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Research
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Research
- Postgraduate Certificate in Qualitative Health Research Methods
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching Evidence-Based Health Care
Modules and short courses for training
Any of our programme modules can be taken as stand-alone short courses for professional development, with the choice of studying for academic credit or not for credit. This can be a useful way to get a taste of the award programmes we offer.
It may also be possible to count programme modules already taken for credit towards a qualification - please email us for further information.
- Mon 22 Apr 2024 – 26 Apr 2024
- Mon 22 Apr 2024 – 14 Jun 2024
- Mon 29 Apr 2024 – 21 Jun 2024
- Mon 29 Apr 2024 – 03 May 2024
- Mon 13 May 2024 – 17 May 2024
Evidence-based health care
+44 (0)1865 270453
Find out more in our EBHC Bulletin