Dr Cezar Ionescu
Associate Professor of Data Science, Director of Studies for Computing and Mathematics.
Functional programming, dependently-typed programming, scientific computing, computing in schools, algorithmic thinking, synthetic populations.
- Cezar Ionescu. Vulnerability Modelling with Functional Programming and Dependent Types. Mathematical Structures in Computer Science. Volume 26, Special Issue 01, January 2016, pp 114-128. doi Preprint
- Jochen Hinkel, Daniel Lincke, Athanasios T. Vafeidis, Mahé Perrette, Robert James Nicholls, Richard S. J. Tol, Ben Marzeion, Xavier Fettweis, Cezar Ionescu, and Anders Levermann. Coastal flood damage and adaptation costs under 21st century sea-level rise.PNAS, vol. 111 no. 9, March 4, 2014.
- Cezar Ionescu, Patrik Jansson. Dependently-typed programming in scientific computing: Examples from economic modelling. Implementation and Application of Functional Languages Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2013, pp 140-156. Preprint
- Nicola Botta, Cezar Ionescu, and Edwin Brady. Sequential decision problems, dependently typed solutions. In proceedings of PLMMS 2013.
- Cezar Ionescu, Patrik Jansson. Testing versus Proving in Climate Impact Research Proceedings of the 18th Workshop Types for Proofs and Programs (TYPES 11), 19 pp. 41-54.
- Nicola Botta, Antoine Mandel, Cezar Ionescu, Maureen Hofmann, Daniel Lincke, Sibylle Schupp, Carlo Jaeger. A functional framework for agent-based models of exchange. Applied Mathematics and Computation 218(8):4025-4040 (2011).
- Nicola Botta, Cezar Ionescu. Relation-based computations in a monadic BSP model. Parallel Computing, Elsevier, Sept. 2006.
- Cezar Ionescu, Richard J.T. Klein, Jochen Hinkel, K.S. Kavi Kumar, and Rupert Klein. Towards a formal framework of vulnerability to climate change. Environmental Modeling & Assessment, February 2009, Volume 14, Issue 1, pp 1-16.
- DSLM - Presenting Mathematical Analysis Using Functional Programming. Meeting of IFIP Working Group 2.1 on Algorithmic Languages and Calculi, August 24-28 2015, Göteborg. With Patrik Jansson.
- Domain-Specific Languages of Mathematics. DTP 2014, Vienna, 2014-07-13.
- Dependently-typed Programming in Scientific Computing. IFL 2012, August 30 - September 1 2012, Oxford. Video.
- Increasingly Correct Scientific Programming. Invited talk, CICM 2012, July 8-13 2012, Bremen.
- Calculation and Communication. Meeting of IFIP Working Group 2.1 on Algorithmic Languages and Calculi, February 6-10 2012, Rome.
- Economic Equilibria in Type Theory. Types 11, September 12-15 2011, Bergen.
- Dependently-typed Programming in Economic Modelling. DTP11, August 27 2011, Nijmegen. Code.
- Proving versus testing in climate impact research. Types 10, October 13-16 2010, Warsaw.
- Using dependent types in models of climate change impacts. DTP10, July 9-10 2010, Edinburgh.
- Vulnerability modeling and monadic dynamical systems. Freie Universität Berlin, 2009.
- Domain-Specific Languages of Mathematics, Chalmers, Spring 2016.
- Category Theory for Functional Programming, Chalmers, Fall 2014.
- Introduction to Programming, University of Gothenburg, Fall 2014.
- Introduction to Programming, University of Gothenburg, Fall 2013.
- Advanced Functional Programming, FU Berlin, Summer Semester 2013.